Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I am finally able to read and actually concentrate on what I am reading, so that’s a good sign. Thank you to those of you who inquired about my silence. I have been depressed and didn’t want to inflict it upon you.

I went to the post office on Tuesday and was overwhelmed at the number of bricks that have been purchased in Leigh’s name. Randy, the post guy, is too. He had them in a clump that was almost three inches thick. I went through them and blubbered and made a scene, of course. Thank you all so much for taking the time to send them in. I can feel the love from all of you. He will give the letters and cards to us when it is all over. Thank you also for your cards and emails. I don’t know how we would have made it through the last month without your love and prayers.

I am reading books about death and dying. Although that may sound morbid, it’s actually comforting. I have been sitting out on my deck in the beautiful fall weather. The humming birds buzz all around me. They sound like Jedi light sabers. Exactly. So I sit there with a light saber fight between Obi Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader going on all around me and kitties climbing all over me trying to get me to put the book down and pet them. I have learned something new about cats. (Having never been a cat owner, [yeah, like you can OWN a cat], everything I learn about them is new.)
Here’s what I learned; If a person is sitting on one chair with her feet on another chair, and a cat decides to walk across the bridge that her legs are making, and that cat loses his balance and begins to fall, the most horrific thing happens to his little cottony-soft paws. These razor sharp talons come out and dig into the leg bridge, causing itchy pain. I had to pour a whole bottle of peroxide on the cuts to get them to stop itching.

I’m going to try to read the Tibetan Book of the Dead now. I hope my brain doesn’t explode.

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment