Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Remembering and Songs

Leigh continues to breathe and her heart keeps beating. Last night, just after we got home from the hospital, they called us back because she “took a turn” but no.
My report today is on me.
We keep reminding ourselves that everyone has his or her own way to get through the grieving situation, and that anything and everything is acceptable.
Apparently, my way of grieving is to find every sad song or poem that has ever been written and sit and read or listen to them and cry.
Look up the words to “Fire and Rain” and remember that James Taylor wrote them after he lost his wife in a plane crash, when his friends were flying her to where he was performing to surprise him on his birthday.
Surprise. Happy Birthday.
Go to http://www.ladyjayes.com/flylittlewing.html and listen to the song.
The world is full of sadness and I’m wallowing in it.
I just pulled out my copy of The Prophet that Gail Stephens gave me in 1964. In the Joy and Sorrow chapter, he says,
“The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.” And
“When you are sorrowful look into your heart and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which had been your delight.”
Leigh was our delight. I have honestly tried to think of something disagreeable about her, since I think it’s silly the way people raise those who have passed into sainthood, simply because they are dead, but honestly, Leigh was always agreeable.
Rob says her favorite word was “yes” and she always went along with all of his cockamaimie ideas, even if it was to come over to our house, shut off the motor to the ATV, coast down to our garage and steal beer or firewood.

…And the Prophet said, “And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.”
…And I say that sometimes the selfsame well is oftentimes filled with them both at once.
For example: Barb, John, and I were sitting just outside of the ICU crying and an orderly deposited an old man in the hallway right in front of us. He had moles and warts over every inch of his skin. I suddenly thought of Larry, the Cable Guy, and his sister. You know, the one with moles all over her face? I went immediately from crying into hysterical laughter. I got up and ran off to the outside patio with Barb following close behind. A nurse came by and asked John, “Are they OK?” He answered very seriously, “No, and actually they never have been.”
Still Wallowing, but sometimes not.

Keep Me In Your Heart

Shadows are falling and I’m running out of breath.
Keep me in your heart for a while.

If I leave you it doesn’t mean I love you any less.
Keep me in your heart for a while.

When you get up in the morning
and you see that crazy sun,
Keep me in your heart for a while.

There’s a train leaving nightly called
“When all is said and done”
Keep me in your heart for a while.

Sometimes when you’re doing
Simple things around the house
Maybe you’ll think of me and smile.
You know I’m tied to you like the
buttons on your blouse.
Keep me in your heart for a while.

Hold me in your thoughts, take me to your dreams.
Touch me as I fall into view.
When the winter comes, keep the fires lit,
And I will be right next to you.

Engine driver’s headed north to Pleasant Stream.
Keep me in your heart for a while.
These wheels keep turning but they’re running out of steam.
Keep me in your heart for a while.

(Beautiful song;
Written by Warren Zevon, as he was losing his battle with cancer.)


Fly, fly little wing
Fly, fly little wing
Fly beyond imagining
The softest cloud, the whitest dove
Upon the wind of heaven's love
Past the planets and the stars
Leave this lonely world of ours
Escape the sorrow and the pain
And fly again
Fly, fly precious one
Your endless journey has begun
Take your gentle happiness
Far too beautiful for this
Cross over to the other shore
There is peace forevermore
But hold this mem'ry bittersweet
Until we meet
Fly, fly do not fear
Don't waste a breath, don't shed a tear
Your heart is pure, your soul is free
Be on your way, don't wait for me
Above the universe you'll climb
On beyond the hands of time
The moon will rise, the sun will set
I won't forget
Fly, fly little wing
Fly where only angels sing
Fly away, the time is right
Go now, find the light

This is Celine Dion's song.
Don'T actually know who wrote it

1 comment:

  1. satta king
    play bazaar

    play bazaar
    play bazaar

    play bazaar

    Play bazaar
    satta king Be ethical when you do multi-level marketing. There are many people that work in this type of marketing that is dishonest and has unethical sales tactics. No matter what kind of pressure you're under to succeed in this marketing, try to run an honest business. This can easily make you stand out from the rest.

    ReplyDelete